Last week I invited some friends over at the last minute for cocktails al fresco. I literally had 20 minutes to throw it all together and thought I’d pass along a couple tips:
● Always take a couple seconds to cut some fresh flowers, even if it means sneaking over to your neighbor’s yard. I won’t tell.
● To add some character to a last minute party I like to use indoor furniture outside. It adds an unexpected element of surprise to an otherwise common party. I dragged this Serena and Lily console table and an old piano bench out for this particular fete. Other fun pieces of indoor furniture could be an upholstered arm chair and or an old oriental throw rug.
● I keep small attractive coolers around to keep beer cute and chilled at the same time.
● Run to the store and grab a loaf of French bread and cheese for hor dourves. Tear the loaf into pieces and fill a bowl with bread and crackers and serve with cheeses.
● Finger food is a must. My kitchen is always stocked with: olives, nuts, Carr’s crackers and lemons or limes for last minute parties.
The party was a success because, most importantly, we all had a wonderful time!