Posted 12 December 2014
1. Pinwheel Storage Bin, 2. Whimsical Popsicle Scarf, 3. Room for Children, 4. Snowflake Socks, 5. Kissy Kissy Frog Onesie and Hat, 6. Bashful Fox Soother, 7. Woodland Creatures Mobile
Posted 12 December 2014
Posted 09 December 2014
Posted 06 November 2014
Posted 04 November 2014
1. Barbour x Land Rover Clovencrag Quilted Jacket: "The Clovencrag is a great updated option for a classic olive Barbour jacket. Thanks to the waist belt, it's feminine and form flattering while the removable hood justifies the practicality. The exclusive Land Rover plaid is also the perfect color scheme - it adds a pop of color to the muted olive." - Maddy, Co-Founder
2. Barbour Oatridge Duffle Jacket: "With the temperature dropping, I'm in need of a heavy coat and I love the toggle details on this Barbour jacket. Plus, with the sturdy hood, I'll be able to withstand the elements as I walk to work. I also love that this coat instantly adds a level of sophistication to any outfit you pair it with. I can see myself wearing this with jeans and boots, or over a dress when I head out for dinner and drinks."- Caroline, Customer Experience Associate
3. Barbour Convoy Wax Jacket: "I'm in the market for a
greatolive jacket that's on the casual side. I have the navy Oatridge Duffle and wear it all the time for a more upscale layer, but this jacket is perfect as a layer that can dress down whatever I'm wearing. I tend to make my final layer a different level of dress than the rest of my outfit to add a little edge, so this would be perfect over a cool chunky sweater, a skirt, tights, and flats." - Sophie, Creative Director
4. Barbour Women's Classic Olive Bedale Wax Jacket: "If we are being honest....I recently lost my classic Bedale jacket that had been in my wardrobe for a decade. I literally can't live without it's huge pockets, windproof and waterproof wax, and timeless look. While I'm tempted to upgrade to some of the more contemporary looks, the Bedale just feels like home to me...if it ain't broke, why fix it?" - Jocelyn, CEO & Co-Founder
5. Barbour Navy Cavalry Polarquilt Jacket "I love a good outerwear 'shell,' but once it goes below 50 degrees, fleece lining is crucial. I've been eyeing the Cavalry Polarquilt jacket because it is the perfect combination of style and function. It has a classic quilted exterior, flattering front seams and cinched back, and a super soft (warm!) lining. What more could you ask for?" - Emily, Community Manager
6. Barbour x Land Rover Penchford Jacket: "I'm a sucker for limited edition pieces. I especially love the leather details and one-of-a-kind vintage-inspired tartan lining." - September, Co-Founder
Posted 23 October 2014
This dynamic duo has endless energy and needs a wardrobe that keeps up with their active schedule and enviable classic style. We asked Sarah to give us a few of her top must-have's for the fall and winter seasons... Take note from this New York tastemaker... (we know we do).
1. The Plaid Paige Dress: "I love the old school plaid with the sweet feminine shape, especially if paired with sneakers so it's not too fancy!"
2. Comy Cute Polka Dot Shift Dress: "I just bought this adorable dress for my goddaughter and I need to buy a matching one for Polly - so great with red tights!"
3. Saint James Minquiers Enfant Shirt: "Nothing cuter than a striped boatneck - and I especially love blue for girls!"
4. Canvas Mary Jane Shoes: "The perfect comfortable, non-sneaker shoe for the playground."
1. Egyptian Cable Turtleneck Sweater: "I have been searching for comfy warm sweaters for fall - I love this
one for tailgates or cozy afternoons by the fire."
2. Cross Body Bag: "It's hands free!"
3. Diatom Leeron Skirt: "I love this dressed down for daytime wear."
4. Floral Skinny Jeans: "Need!"
Posted 14 August 2014
The summer is coming to an end, and for some (the lucky ones), this means back to school. Before packing up their desks, we asked two of our summer interns, Mollie and Margaret, to jump in front of the camera and show off some of their favorite back-to-school looks.
Shop Mollie's picks here.
Shop Margaret's picks here.
Posted 05 August 2014
August is here, but summer isn't over yet! There's still plenty of time to sneak in a fun escape. First stop on our list this month is Sea Island. We've polled the insiders, and here's what we're suggesting for your weekend (or maybe you should make it a full week) jaunt to Georgia...
1. Pack: Grab your embellished garb and colorful accessories. The more vibrant the colors, the better
2. Eats: May we suggest...
- Carry out BBQ from Southern Soul (don't forget the fried green beans). This is our #1 pick for a group dinner after a long beach day
- Fried chicken at the Oak Room, which overlooks the golf course. Grab s'mores at the Lodge afterwards
- Dinner at Bennie's Red Barn. Leave room for the "raccoon" for dessert
3. Explore: You won't want to miss a thing.
- Rent a kayak and head up the marsh to sneak a peek at the houses
- Take a day trip to Cumberland Island to see the wild horses and the Carnegie Estate (also, this is the spot where JFK Jr. was married!)
4. Things to do: There's more to do than just sit on the beach.
- Go skeet shooting on the marsh
- Grab your friends and hit the tennis courts (& grab smoothies from the Spa afterwards)
- Play Cloister Bingo! (not just for the old folks)
- Head to Zigi's to dance the night away to 90s hits. Always a favorite.
Posted 23 July 2014
Anyone looking for home decorating and organizing tips? We've got some inspiration right here for you. This past week, Apartment Therapy featured photos from inside Jocelyn's TriBeca loft and interviewed our CEO. Keep scrolling for more views and a few of our favorite quotes from the interview.
To shop some of the featured items, click here.
From the article: "Rather than replace or rebuild, a lot of the work involved in the renovation of this loft apartment involved peeling back a few layers to get to more of the bare bones and to reveal the simplicity of the space."
"Jocelyn loves the open feeling of the loft and the long line of windows facing the street. She likes the raw wood columns that only happen when you get to the upper floors of a typical Manhattan cast iron building. And she likes having a roof deck. She tried to strip away as much as possible to highlight and to facilitate these perks."
Jocelyn's Style: "Personal and a mix of antiques and modern. Most unique items (art, furniture etc) in the apartment are from travels, family or New York adventures. I think it’s all pretty reflective of a loft… eclectic, but clean and open."
Posted 17 July 2014
Posted 01 July 2014
Posted 30 June 2014
In honor of the 4th of July, we want to share some of our favorite patriotic looks, styled by one of our favorite bloggers. If you haven't already heard of Julia, author of Gal Meets Glam, then let us introduce you. Based in San Francisco, Julia's blog is a Tuckernuck team go-to for style and photography inspiration. After checking out her site, we know you'll be just as obsessed...
This weekend, Julia will be headed to Santa Barbara with no shortage of stripes and all things red, white & blue. Shop her packing list here.
Photos by Gal Meets Glam.
Posted 18 June 2014
Tuckernuck founder Maddy and her high school sweetheart Paul recently tied the knot on a gorgeous weekend in Nantucket. The day after their wedding, they jetted off to Croatia where they are spending some much-deserved time relaxing. Shop their packing list here.
Posted 29 April 2014
Shop their looks here.
Posted 11 April 2014
Posted 03 April 2014
Q&A with the girl behind the blog
A Dash of Details is a Fashion and Lifestyle blog started in 2010, where Ali shares her favorite trends, travels, and little life details from her current home base of Dallas, Texas.
Q: Describe your personal style in three words
A: Classic, casual, and feminine.
Q: What's the one thing in your closet that you're constantly reaching for?
A: The perfect white or grey tee. It's something classic that can be dressed up wtih a blazer and skinny pants, or dressed down with a pair of boyfriend jeans.
Q: Why did you choose these particular items to style?
A: With Spring in full swing in Dallas there is nothing more classic than a Saint James Tee. I paired my favorite striped top with white denim shorts, and my new favorite Lisi Lerch tassel earrings for a cute, casual weekend look.
Posted 21 March 2014
Ever wonder what it would be like to be surrounded by gorgeous jewels all day long, nonstop? Well, we had the chance to peek behind the scenes at Julie Vos' New York City Headquarters with Carly, Julie Vos employee and close Tuckernuck friend. After playing a quick game of dress-up with Julie Vos' newest collection, Carly agreed to let us snap a few pictures of the space, and of her meeting with Julie, the designer. What a treat to spend a Friday afternoon in a jewelry-filled haven.
To shop Carly's look, click here.
Posted 06 March 2014
Posted 26 February 2014
Posted 14 February 2014
Posted 11 February 2014
After an afternoon of mimosas and mini sweets at our pop-up shop in DC, we went for a stroll with the stunning sisters behind the dress brand Camilyn Beth. The two wore dresses from their current collection along with some of their favorite accessories from Tuckernuck, Cami (the redhead) is the designer behind the brand, and Ashton models her sister's masterpieces.
We loved how Cami added a belt at the waist of her dress to give it a bit of definition and personality, "I styled the Go Go dress with this sweet little Raina belt with a pineapple emblem. The pineapple reminds me of the pineapples my mom grows in Florida." And, Ashton wore her dress with a White + Warren Cashmere Wrap, the one item in her closet she claims she reaches for the most, "It's easy to slip in my bag and throw over my shoulders when I get cold."
We're taking tips from these two experts as we style these charming, retro-inspired dresses for Valentines Day, cocktail parties, and everything in between.
To shop these looks, click HERE.
Posted 28 January 2014
With temperatures dropping dangerously close to zero, we're trying to find as many ways as possible to stay warm right now. Wool scarves, winter sports, sweater-wearing beers, and good company definitely help the frostbite. We met up with Nick and Nick, old old friends, lacrosse teammates, and lifelong NY Rangers fans, for a drink after a day on the slopes. These guys wore some of our most functional cold-weather gear with their skiwear, proving that an arsenal of simple, hearty classics is really all you need to battle the winter cold.
To shop these looks, click here.
Posted 15 January 2014
Designed in one of the world's coldest, dampest climates, Barbour jackets tend to have a magical ability to withstand the dreariest, most bitter winter days. We decided to put our favorite, sherpa-lined Barbour to the test with Lauren, of the blog Girls of Lincoln Park. We wrapped this brave Chicago lady in cashmere, handed her the equally as tough outerwear, and headed out to face the unrelenting winds of the West Side Highway. The result? We'll be reaching for this ultra-warm outerwear on all of the most frigid days this season.
To shop Lauren's look, click HERE.
Posted 09 January 2014
Alright, we know it's not easy to look great on the slopes (ski skills aside), but when it comes to the après scene--flannels, sweaters, a durable boot--we've got you covered. We caught up with Jake and Adam after a day of skiing in Colorado, where they sported their favorite plaid shirts with cool, cold-weather accessories--an Argentine cowboy-inspired La Matera belt for Adam, and a needlepoint Smathers and Branson Ski Tricks belt for Jake. These guys know how to clean up after a day in powder. To shop their looks, click here.
Posted 03 January 2014
Fresh snow, blue skies, cashmere...really, what's better? We met up with Cate, founder of Boston's first (and coolest) indoor cycling studio, in Aspen for some cross country skiing--of course this super-fit entrepreneur prefers an active vacation. We were thrilled to find that Cate had bundled up in some of our favorite cold-weather essentials for an afternoon outside--Lisa B. socks, Red's shades, a Crown Cap hat, and our must-have cashmere travel wrap. These ultra-warm accessories were absolutely perfect for an afternoon in the snow, while Cate's wrap and cashmere socks looked just as chic for a fireside après ski hot cocoa (with extra whipped cream).
To shop Cate's look, click HERE.
To shop Cate's look, click HERE.
Posted 24 December 2013
What southern holiday and/or entertaining traditions do you bring up north with you?
Southern food, for sure. I love making food from family recipes that have been passed down for generations. Food’s better when it has a little history. This is one of the main reasons I love serving Billie’s Pecans— brings back such happy memories of my grandmother (not to mention, they’re delicious!).
What's the one thing you like to have at every party you host?
Fried pickles with Al Green in the background. I’m from Memphis, so JT is obviously up there on the music list as well!
What are your top 3 party planning tips for every hostess?
Plan ahead. There is nothing worse than having to run all around town right before your party starts trying to gather up last minute things.I’m one of three girls. Growing up, we always saw ourselves as a team when we were hosting-- someone was in charge of music, someone in charge of food and drinks, and someone in charge of décor. Today, my sisters and I all live in different cities, but I still find myself asking friends to co-host parties with me. I think it makes the party planning process more manageable and fun:) Have fun! Sometimes I think people feel overwhelmed hosting—trying to make sure that everyone is happy, has a drink, etc. While this is definitely important, chances are your guests are happy, and you should be too!What are your top 3 etiquette tips for every party guest?
Bring a bottle wine, enjoy the party, and write a thank you note.
To shop Lucia's look, click HERE.
Posted 13 December 2013
It's hard to beat Christmastime in New York, isn't it? To celebrate the season, we caught up with Carly and Mackenzie for a little Christmas shopping on New York's Upper East Side last week. The city's decorated windows, lit up streets, and a quick duck into the Barbour store were enough to put all of us in the Christmas spirit...and to inspire Carly and Mackenzie's gift lists (hopefully the recipients of these awesome gifts aren't reading). First on Carly's list was a Barbour jacket for Teddy, her absolutely tiny new puppy. Once we found his perfectly small tartan overcoat in the nearby Barbour store, we rushed home to give it to him, and sat down to figure out what to get everyone else on their lists...
To shop their lists, and the outfits the girls wore shopping, click HERE.
To shop these lists, and the outfits these girls wore on our outing, click HERE.
Posted 19 November 2013
Posted 11 November 2013
Posted 30 October 2013
Posted 23 October 2013
We're always on the lookout for pieces that are versatile enough to suit any occasion, continuously answering our "what to wear" dilemma, and making their price per wear ratio justifiable. What's better than investing in something that you'll feel great wearing anywhere, time and time again, for years to come? This is why we've always been fans of Ali Ro's signature anoraks. We fell even harder for these jackets when we discovered this weightier, herringbone-lined version for fall. Not only is this easy outer-layer the perfect weight for transitional weather, but it can also be worn rain or shine, to the office or on Sunday mornings. Our friend Mary Grace proved it, as she agreed to let us tag along and snap a few pictures of her as she wore the jacket from the gym to work, and then over her weekend attire for brunch with friends. She looked completely comfortable and polished for each occasion, officially putting this jacket on our list of absolute wardrobe essentials.
Posted 17 October 2013
Posted 11 October 2013
Posted 02 October 2013
Posted 27 September 2013
We had the pleasure of meeting up with Jen, the designer behind our favorite tunics, at the Sail to Sable headquarters in New York City. The sun-filled offices, Jen's contagious zest and the racks full of colorful tunics combine to create a lemonade-and-palm-trees kind of oasis in the heart of Manhattan. Jen gave us a sneak peek into some of her upcoming collections, which included designs inspired by beach umbrellas in Bermuda and a yellow, vintage car she spotted in Palm Beach. While we can't wait to get our hands on those vacation-ready pieces, we're ready to cozy up for fall in one of Jen's pretty corduroy designs as we make a bright transition into October...how about you?
To shop these looks, click here.
Posted 25 September 2013
Posted 16 September 2013
Posted 23 August 2013
Posted 14 August 2013
Recognize this gorgeous blonde from our Holiday 2012 photo shoot? Sarah, long-time friend of Jocelyn's from New York, agreed to model for us yet again. This time she wore some of our Pre-Fall new arrivals on one of the hottest days of the summer...we really know how to put our friendships to the test, huh? In spite of the hair-curling humidity and tar-melting temperatures outside, Sarah managed to look pretty cool in our Ali Ro Eucalyptus Dress. She kept her cocktail-ready look simple and elegant by pairing the piece with subtle, low-heels and a graceful bun. We think these images of Sarah in her funky, black-walled, Greenwich Village apartment are pretty much the epitome of chic. Don't you agree?
Posted 08 August 2013
You know that one piece of clothing that you just can't seem to take off--it's so easy, polished and versatile that you can wear it just about anywhere? Over a long weekend at the beach, we kept reaching for one of our favorite summer tunics, and paired it with white jeans and a belt at the waist for sunset cocktails, cut off denim shorts and flip flops for a bike ride around town, and popped it on over a bathing suit for a day at the beach. At the end of the long-weekend away, we realized that this dynamic tunic was really the only thing we needed to pack...we'll remember that for our next August getaway.